Friday, July 25, 2014

Limerick Friday LXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXIX: A Memorable Open Championship, Plus A Big Day For An Impish Wee One



The runaway story
Was an on-fire Rory
Sergio made a run
By a bunker undone
McIlroy coated in glory

The prose does more hum than sing
The story more clank than ring
Ambivalence the word of the day
For “Mr. Mercedes,” I’d say
Expect more than “enh” from Stephen King

Blood, tears, bruises and sweat
For training camp, we’re all set
Players gained and lost
But hey, fingers crossed
No freaking losses yet!

“Downton Abbey” created all kindsa buzz
So I wanted to see why ‘cause
Buncha wankers sitting around talking?
If I wanted to watch that kinda squawking
Woulda stayed working where I was

A huge fan of Artoo
And anything choo-choo
Even Elmo now and again
For my irrepressible Finn
Hard to believe that you’re two



No comments: