Friday, May 23, 2014

Limerick Friday LXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: “House of Cards” Manages To Hyperbolize Even Politics, Plus “Mad Men” Careening Toward Midseason Finale



“House of Cards,” I have a beef
Involving suspension of disbelief
The Veep a serial killer
Equal parts comedy and thriller
Will Frank become Convict in Chief?

When it was all on the line
Looked like the Pack was fine
Then a blind ump happened
Disappointing season did end
Avent shoulda paid a fine

The return of Jack Bauer
“24” makes an amusing hour
Chloe a tatted punk hacker
Audrey back as a dour cracker
Miss Kim but not Jack’s glower

Again my head I did bow
To be better, that was my vow
Maybe you were in the wind
As love and memory I did send
A void that’s just part of me now
 
Don took pity on Peg
Said goodbye again to Meg
Ghey Bob proposed to Joan
Pete once again alone
The rep of SCDP has flown



No comments: